This Photoshop technique is so much fun to play with on different images.
1. Open an image and Crop to an 8″x8″ square. (any size square will do). Make sure your Image > Mode is on 8 bits so that the following Filters will be usable.
2. Select the Background layer and click Ctrl-J to make a duplicate layer.
3. Select the Copy layer and click onFilter – Distort – Polar Coordinates. Choose Polar >Rectangular.
4.Image > > Image Rotation > 180 degrees.
5. Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinates. Chose Rectangular > Polar.
6. Delete Background layer and Save.