You can use this technique on a lot of different photographs with beautiful results. I’ve posted before, but worth repeating. Start your new year off right with fun and creativity!
1. Choose an image that has symmetry for best results and a defined center.
2. Crop the image to a square format, ie. 6”x6”
3. Make a copy of the Background Layer by selecting it and clicking Ctrl/Cmd J.
4. On duplicate layer – Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinates > Polar to Rectangular
5. On duplicate Layer > Edit > Transform > Rotate 180 degrees
6. On duplicate Layer >Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinates > Rectangular to Polar
7. On Layers palette, click the dropdown and select Flatten Layers.